Sunday 1 February 2015

Food

Sahara run is a self-supported race.

Runners carry all the necessary gear and food they need for the entire 250km. For better chance of completion, we should keep our gear light, between 12-15kg.

The race organizer recommended average intake of 2000 calories per day. And to keep the weight down, dried food is a populate option. So I ordered some on-line from "The Racing Planet" store. Each pack weight only 200 grams and can provide 800 calories. Perfect!

Most past runners recommend we try the food prior to the race to get used to it and so I did.

Glad I did that ... these dried food are awful, almost cannot stomach it! Audrey told me, when you are hungry then, you will eat them. I am thinking to myself, will I?

Guess I better pop by the Beach Road Army market to get some SAF combat rations. They are heavier but at least I know I can eat them. Bak Kwa sound like another winner too.



No comments:

Post a Comment