Saturday 31 January 2015

Club Rainbow Singapore

I am dedicating the Sahara run to raise fund for Club Rainbow Singapore.

http://giveasia.org/movement/every_rainbow_child_is_a_hero

Last Thursday, I setup the donation portal to start the fund raising activities. 

I know I need some "catalyst" to kick start this. And the best place is with "people around" me. I take this literally, the first email I sent is to colleagues sitting around me. The 2nd email is to my family and the last one my kopi khaki.

People are shy and passive in general and some pushing are needed. I sincerely hope that in my drive to gather donation, I never made things difficult to these early catalyst donors.

Anyway, 48 hours later, 17 people have donated a sum of $1938. I am extremely encouraged by their generosity. When I am back in town next week, I need to cast the net wider to include others.

Thank you guys once again for your generosity.


No comments:

Post a Comment