Thursday 19 February 2015

Race cancelled !

The race was cancelled!

On 12 Jan, Sam emailed to all race participants that due to the recent situation in Jordan, 4Deserts has decided to cancel this year Sahara race.

Yes, I am disappointed but I am not exactly surprise. In fact, I was a little relieved.

No doubt all my months of hard works now will be wasted, I feel relieved as the recent incidents involving Jordan and ISIS do make me think twice of going to that areas. As Sam pointed out, the risk is low but the price is high. In fact, the organizer decided to cancel the run 21 days before the race do tell a story of 2. Seriously, ISIS is not just restricted within the "no man land" of Syria and Iraq, there are pockets of them all over the world. And I wont be surprised to find few in Jordan.

I am actually very prepared and ready to tapper down on my training. Only 21 days more ! Now, I have to restart the training program. Very demoralizing ... as all runners know, it is the preparation that is the hardest, not the race itself.

Anyway, safety comes first.

Immediately after Sam told me the Sahara race was cancelled, I signed up for Gobi Desert Race on 31 May 2015. The same 250km self supported desert run, except it will be in China Gobi desert and 2 months later in May.





No comments:

Post a Comment