Wednesday 11 February 2015

SkyRunner Asia Championship - 50km

7 Feb 2015.

Today I ran the SkyRunner Asia Championship - a 50km race happening in Sai Kung, Hong Kong.

This is the 1st time HK organized the SkyRunner event and it sure is a star filled event. Many top global runners flew in, from as far as the States to run.

The total elevation gain/loss is 2810/2782m. Took me 9hrs 16 min to complete, although the official timing is 9 hrs 32min. Mainly due to the fact that the organizer gave the top runners a head start of 15 min. Both the winners (male and female category) came from Nepal, no surprises. The male winner took slightly less han 5hr, truly incredible!

HK trail running are always very technical in nature and this one is no exception. Beside stamina to run up the mountain, you need the skill and agility for downhill. Downhill is always my Achilles heel and this one is no exception. 

Overall good run and now muscle aching like crazy. This worries me a little - can I really finish my Sahara run ?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment